About the NDC Index
The NDC Index is a measurement of organizational commitment to diversity and inclusion among companies in the U.S. The index rates companies on CEO engagement as well as corporate initiatives, policies, and programs in support of inclusion.
The NDC Index recognizes companies with a score of 90 or above as the Best Companies for Diversity in the U.S.
It focuses on five major assessment areas:
- CEO Engagement
- Policies, Benefits, and Initiatives
- Supplier Diversity
- Community Outreach
- Corporate Social Responsibility
To provide comprehensive benchmarking services, companies submit a workforce profile section. This section is not used in the assessment to rate companies on D&I initiatives.
The NDC Index is designed for:
- Any U.S. company, publicly or privately held, with a minimum of 500 employees.
- Any Fortune 1000 and multinational companies with subsidiaries in the U.S.
There are no fees are associated with participation in the NDC Index.
To participate in the NDC Index all companies must first register. Returning participants must also re-register every year in order to have their unique survey link re-activated. Returning participants are able to make changes to a previous submissions and submit their responses for the current NDC Index.
Scoring and Publication
Each company that participates in the NDC Index will be rated on an overall scale of 0 to 100 and be given scores on each of the five key areas scored. All participating companies receive a free scorecard and report, which details their performance breakdown in relation to all participating companies. Only submitted survey responses are scored. Incomplete survey responses are not scored or recorded.
For the 2021 NDC Index, scores will be published in the following way:
- All participating companies that receive a score of 70 and above will have their name and scores published as part of our NDC Index online and in-print reporting.
- All participating companies will have their name and logo on our website, www.ndcindex.org, and affiliated National Diversity Council websites. They will also be listed in our NDC Index press release on their participating year.
Starting in 2022, all first-time participants of the NDC Index will have their scores published if they receive an overall score of 70 and above. All returning participants will have their overall scores published.
About the National Diversity Council
The index is introduced by the National Diversity Council. The mission of the National Diversity Council (NDC) is to be both a resource and an advocate for the value of diversity and inclusion. The NDC serves as the umbrella organization to support statewide and regional affiliates, which foster an understanding of diversity and inclusion as a dynamic strategy for business success and community well-being.