The NDC Index is an annual measurement of a company's commitment to diversity and inclusion (D&I). Scores range from 0 to 100, and the survey is based on D&I best practices in the corporate sector. The annual report provides a detailed analysis of how the index participants performed in implementing D&I best practices.
In our inaugural NDC Index Annual Report, we discuss the findings from the data submitted by the 43 participating companies for the 2022 survey. We reveal the current trends and recommendations for creating a more diverse and inclusive environment in the workplace. Here are some highlights from the report.
- Most CEOs regard diversity as part of the company's business growth strategy.
- Fifty-eight percent of the companies have an executive diversity council.
- Sixty-seven percent of participants have employee resource groups.
- Women account for over half of all employees, while Black, Indigenous, and People of Color
- (BIPOC) make up nearly half of the overall workforce.
- While women make up 49 percent of management, their representation steadily declines to 38 percent at the corporate executive level and 33 percent at the executive team level.
Download the complete report to learn about the aggregate analysis of the other D&I initiatives implemented by the participating companies. Based on these findings, you will also see our recommendations for building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Please contact the NDC Index team if you have questions about the report or the Index survey. We would love an opportunity to assist you and your company in achieving your D&I goals and metrics.
NDC Index Team
Portia, Cecilia, & Santeiu